Some of my posts contain Amazon Associate links. If you click through to Amazon and make a purchase, I may receive a small compensation, at no extra cost to you. That said, I only share products I truly like and think my readers can benefit from!
Well, I’ve shared with you the top 20 books I read in 2020, and I’m back this week for round two of my yearly favorites! I’ve listened to more music this year than any other (I use Last.fm to track my listening habits because I’m curious like that), and – no surprise – Bethel Music and its latest album Revival’s In the Air topped all my charts this year.
Clearly I’m attending the right school. 😉
Each year there’s always a standout theme in the songs I listen to, and revival was definitely that theme in 2020.
1. restoration to life, consciousness, vigor, strength, etc.
2. restoration to use, acceptance, or currency
3. a new production of an old play.
4. a showing of an old motion picture.
5. an awakening, in a church or community, of interest in and care for matters relating to personal religion.
6. an evangelistic service or a series of services for the purpose of effecting a religious awakening
With that in mind, here are the top 20 songs I listened to in 2020:
20. “That’s How the Good Lord Works” by Sunday Service Choir. This choir is fire! 🔥 I got to see them live at Awaken 2020 in January, and they were phenomenal. This song builds my faith, and the whole album (Jesus is Born) has been on my rotation since it came out last Christmas.
19. “Lift Up Your Voices” by Sunday Service Choir. Totally didn’t notice this is a play on Sia’s “Elastic Heart” until I saw it on Genius, but I should’ve. Heaven probably sounds something like this song.
16. “Yes He Can” by CAIN. My favorite new band and another faith-boosting anthem for me.
15. “We Praise You” by Bethel Music. A great fight song. I am trying to be more and more intentional about listening to declarative songs that build my faith instead of just listening to songs that match whatever I’m feeling. I want my faith to guide my emotions, not my emotions to guide my faith!
14. “Holy Water” by We The Kingdom. This was one of my top songs last year and still is in 2020. I love, love, love We The Kingdom!
13. “Don’t Tread On Me” by We The Kingdom. Get behind me, satan!
12. “Hard Place” by H.E.R. I think this is the only mainstream song that made my top 20 this year! And one of the few mopey songs I allowed myself to listen to on occasion. 😉 I love that you can hear the genuine emotion in this song.
11. “Famous For (I Believe)” by Tauren Wells & Jenn Johnson. This song is my constant prayer. Do it, Jesus!
10. “Breakthrough” by Red Rocks Worship. A repeat from last year. Still obsessed with this song. Still provides encouragement on a regular basis.
9. “Egypt” by Bethel Music. Put the word “victory” in a song, and pretty much I’m a fan. I’m prophesying these lyrics.
8. “Victory Belongs to Jesus” by Todd Dulaney. I can’t remember where I first came across this song, but it’s a good reminder that victory is the Lord’s and I don’t have to strive to get it. I just need to be obedient and trust his plan.
7. “Revival” by CAIN. Personally, nationally, internationally…we need revival.
6. “Better Than” by Bethel Music. My Ephesians 3:20 song. This song is straight prophecy.
5. “Jesus” by Eddie James. This isn’t normally my style of music, but I’ve been listening to a lot of it this year and I love the power in this song.
4. “Rise Up (Lazarus)” by CAIN. I love everything about this song: the message, the sound, and the way I feel commissioned and encouraged every time I hear it. Looking forward to hearing more from this band (and I’m also loving their Christmas song)!
3. “Revival’s in the Air” by Bethel Music. Revival isn’t coming…it’s HERE. 🔥🕊
2. “Revelations 19:1” by Sunday Service Choir. This song has been on repeat all year. I play it whether I’m in a good mood or a bad mood – it definitely fits the bill for times of celebrating, but I also use it to prophesy joy and victory when I’m feeling discouraged.
1. “God of Revival” by Bethel Music. I listened to this song 228 times this year. As the song says, there’s no prison wall God can’t break through, no mountain he can’t move, no broken body he can’t raise, and no soul he can’t save. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! Won’t he do it!
Well, my friends, if you’re looking for songs about revival, victory, breakthrough, and faith, these are your songs! If not, well, you’ll have to look elsewhere. 😂
Were any of these songs on your 2020 playlist? What were your favorite songs of the year?
I am taking a break through the end of the year, so I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!