Some of my posts contain Amazon Associate links. If you click through to Amazon and make a purchase, I may receive a small compensation, at no extra cost to you. That said, I only share products I truly like and think my readers can benefit from!
What songs have you had on repeat this year? I’ve been playing a lot of breakthrough anthems, motivational songs, and lyrics that build up my faith. Here are my faves of 2018! (And check out my 18 favorite books of the year, too, if you missed them last week!)
- “Fighting for You” by Tenth Avenue North. In the midst of many spiritual battles this year, this song was a comforting reminder that I don’t fight alone. God sees every battle we face, and he is fighting for each one of us.
- “Fall” by The Belonging Co. I’m contending for breakthrough in many areas of my own life and the lives of people I love. When things don’t look good, this song is a reminder to have faith and believe God will fulfill each and every one of his promises.
- “Hard Love” by Needtobreathe. This was probably my most-played song last year, and it remained a favorite in 2018. Sometimes loving people is hard. But it’s worth it. Although there are like 30 versions of this song, I especially like the one featuring Lauren Daigle.
- “This Could Change Everything” by Francesca Battistelli. My anthem of hope for the year! Each new day could be THE day you see the answer to the prayer you’ve been praying. TODAY could be the day!
- “How Could I Be Silent” by Caitie Hurst. I’m introverted. Shy. A pretty private person. But even though it is always my preference to remain silent, I know that’s not what God put me on this earth to do. So that’s why I’m here…TMI and all. 😉
- “Pieces (Spontaneous)” by Bethel Music & Amanda Cook. I LOVE Bethel’s spontaneous album (Moments: Mighty Sound). I’m normally not one for live albums, but man! This one’s anointed! My favorite line is “You’re giving us new memories for all the places shame wrote our story” – I could listen to it over and over, and I have! I’ve also played the spontaneous versions of “Spirit Move” and “Reckless Love” (see below) too many times to count.
- “There is a Cloud” by Elevation Worship. This one’s been on repeat for two years in a row. I’ve been waiting for harvest in several areas of my life for a long time, and this song has been a continual reminder that God will do what he has said he will! Even when I don’t see the rain yet, there is a cloud beginning to swell.
- “Do It Again” by Elevation Worship. My other favorite Elevation song from last year that has stayed on my 2018 rotation. I have seen God do some crazy miracles in my life and yet I still so often doubt that he can work another one. The truth is that he’s never done working miracles! If he did it before, he can do it again! And he will.
- “Make a Way” by Jesus Culture. Anyone else believing for some impossible things? Some days I just want to quit believing, and then this song reminds me that my God is a Way-Maker. He makes a way where there is no way, and he is the God of the impossible!
- “Anything Can Happen” by Jesus Culture. Clearly I just love this whole album (Love Has a Name). It’s definitely my favorite of Jesus Culture’s. This song boosts my faith and serves as a reminder that God wants to give us more than we can even ask for or imagine.
- “Warrior” by Hannah Kerr. I always need a few motivational songs on repeat each year, and this one is a fave. On days when life gets hard, this song brings to mind the hard battles I’ve already won and gives me new resolve to keep fighting the ones I currently face. (And it’s only 69 cents right now!)
- “Now” by Mallary Hope. I wrote a whole post about this one a few weeks ago! Love the message of trust behind this song.
- “Reckless Love” by Cory Asbury. Do I even need to say anything about this one? Who hasn’t heard this song a million times this year? Even when it’s overplayed, it’s still something I need to hear and get through my thick head. God’s love is overwhelming, never-ending, reckless. There’s no mountain he won’t climb up coming after me. Also: check out the Bethel spontaneous version if you haven’t. So good!
- “Who You Say I Am” by Hillsong Worship. I don’t think I’m the only one who’s listened to this song 487 times this year. The enemy may try to tell me I’m forsaken, but this song tells me I’m CHOSEN. Satan says everyone’s against me; this song reminds me that God is FOR me. I am who God and God alone says I am!
- “The Breakup Song” by Francesca Battistelli. Fear has been a lifelong struggle for me, and I love the message of this cute song. Who else needs to break it off with fear once and for all? 🙋🏼🙋🏼
- “The Champion” by Carrie Underwood and Ludacris. This is my #1 motivational jam of 2018 – my current “Eye of the Tiger,” if you will. I’ve been knocked down a few times, but this is the song that pushes me to keep persevering, keep doing hard things, and not give up – which is not always my natural response. 😊
- “Seasons” by Hillsong Worship. This was initially released as a Christmas song, but it was also recorded live on Hillsong’s There is More album, which is probably my favorite album of 2018 (and of Hillsong’s). It’s not necessarily my style musically, but I love the lyrics. “If all I know of harvest is that it’s worth my patience, then if you’re not done working, God, I’m not done waiting!”
- “Won’t Stop Now” by Elevation Worship. Within a week of this song’s release, it was already my top-played song of 2018. On days when it’s toughest to believe that God will still fulfill his promises to me, I leave these lyrics on repeat for as long as it takes for me to believe them!
“I know breakthrough is coming
By faith, I see a miracle
My God made me a promise
And it won’t stop now!”
There you have it: my 18 most-played songs of the year. Now it’s your turn: What songs have you been obsessed with in 2018? 🎵
I’m taking a blogging break the next two weeks for Christmas and New Year’s, so I wish you each a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! See ya in 2019!